Tuesday 1 October 2013

This project ain't dead!

At this point I'm not sure anyone is still looking, but I guess I'm mostly writing this as a note to myself.

I have been very lucky since I finished University last year. I got a job straight after graduating, working as an artist at Lupus Films for the sequel of the classic Christmas animated film, The Snowman, that being The Snowman and the Snowdog. Short after that, I was contacted by Lupus about a few weeks job helping with the Snowman and the Snowdog Christmas ident for Channel 4, which was pretty exciting as well. After a break, during which I went to visit my family in Portugal, I got back to London to find positions available at Tandem Films and tested for that. Lucky me I got that job! So that's where I still am, since March.. was it March? I don't even remember anymore. I still have a few more months here before I have to go looking for something else, so that's nice.

Also on my spare time (besides playing games, practicing drawing and, of course, occasionally procrastinating) I am helping out with a project where I'm illustrating a small story written by another girl, in the form of a comic. This little comic will be put together in a book with comics done by a few other artists. I don't think there's much of a confidentiality thing going on in the project, but I rather not discuss the details at this point.

So with all this being said, I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT MY DEAREST SHORT FILM. I still REALLY want to do it and occasionally try re-drawing the characters. Sometimes I picture scenes playing in my head and try to come up with ways to improve my ideas. But I'm very busy and having a full time job that is also a creative one, can really drain my creative juices. I feel bad I haven't been posting anything, especially since I said I would on that last update post, BUT I am still thinking about this project. I will make it one day and I'll keep saying this until I give up on it for some extraordinarily good reason (such as me suddenly being hit by a bolt of illuminated lightning that will turn me into a super creative person and therefore make me have a better idea than that of this film).

If anyone read this far, I appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. well I'm glad you're still alive and doing well :) contact me sometime please
    ~steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe I can help with the project.

    ReplyDelete