Friday 11 May 2012

Submitting

After having submitted the trailer on Wednesday, I have come to the conclusion that I'm generally not pleased with it! I don't think I ever will, because being pleased with what I do is not something I'm usually  familiar with, but I think I can be not pleased with the trailer whilst at the same time think that some people might still enjoy it, and these aren't my current feelings concerning my project.

After having got some feedback on something I knew but didn't want to admit to myself, I have decided to animate the shot of the Troll coming out of his house, which I had cut from the trailer. Without this shot, the troll in the 'present time' is introduced in a wide shot, and when the audience finally gets to see his face, it's a straight up CLOSE UP, and that's just not right. A nice mid shot of the character appearing on the screen from behind something definitely works better, and besides, I already have that background done. I will probably tidy up the editing of the film and change the order of some shots also, essentially put all the flashback shots first, and the present shots after them. Hopefully... that will do the trick...

 As for uploading the trailer, I don't feel ready enough to share what I have so far, so I will refrain doing that until I'm told that I really need to have it here. Otherwise I will upload it once I have the (fingers crossed) better version of it to upload at the same time. Strategy!

No comments:

Post a Comment